An extraordinary end of year holiday for you and all the family in Bulgaria.
29 December 2018 – Saturday
Departure on Air Malta flight at 6:00 am. The group must reach Malta International Airport at 4:00 am. We arrive at Sofia at 8:00 am. On arrival, we start a panoramic tour of this fantastic Bulgarian capital. For those who wish, a 3-hour private guided walking tour of the centre will be given a memorable insight of Sofia’s history and culture. We will visit the Alexander Nevski Cathedral, the largest Orthodox Church in the Balkans, the beautifully decorated Church of St. Nickolay, the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, the Presidency, the 16th Century Banya Bashi Mosque, the Sveta Neddia Church and St. George Rotunda. Our hotel is in the exact centre of Sofia where there are concentrated the major tourist sights. We take our rooms and enjoy some free time later.
30 December 2018 – Sunday
Koprivshtitsa and Plovdiv Tour. A museum city boasting more than 300 well-preserved architectural, artistic, historical and ethnographical monuments from Bulgarian Revival Period. Afternoon dedicated to Plovdiv, one of the oldest towns in Europe and second biggest in Bulgaria. It will soon follow Valletta as Europe’s capital of Culture. Its iconic sights are the Roman forum and Theater, Merchant houses from the 19th century, the fortress of Nebet Tepe and St. Constantine and St. Helena Church. Free time for shopping on main pedestrian street for those who wish.
31 December 2018 – Monday
Rila Monastery and Boyana Church Tour is definitely a must see while in Sofia. The arcadied balconies, the unique frescoes-a work of one of the most famous Bulgarian Revival Period Painters, the gilded iconastasis, the fabulous mountain views and the unique combination of them all makes this extraordinary visit a memorable one. Free time to explore the most visited UNESCO site in Bulgaria. Try the tasty “mekitsi”, Bulgarian doughnuts with delicious buffalo’s yoghurt, local speciality or even have a short walk in the area. Evening Gala dinner in Hotel with live music and DJ (optional).
1 January 2019 – Tuesday
After a late buffet breakfast we get ready for a full day excursion to the spectacular Vitosha Mountains on the outskirts of Sofia. Here we will enjoy the most beautiful scenery of mountains, lakes and rivers. The most adventurous might opt to go skiing.
2 January 2019 – Wednesday
Our last day will be left free for personal activity and shopping. We can spend the whole afternoon in the best shopping centres. Departure from SOFIA airport to Malta is at 23:55 hrs from Sofia airport.
A trip not to be missed! Rest assured that you will fall in love with this extraordinary nation, Bulgaria! We sincerely hope to have you on board.
29 December – 2 January 2019
5 days 4 nights.
• The return Air Malta flights Malta to Sofia.
Airline taxes and fuel charges.
• Transfers and excursions according to the program.
• Accommodation for 4 nights in a luxurious Hotel in the centre of Sofia on half board.
• Continental buffet breakfast and buffet dinner.
• All rooms with private facilities and air-conditioned.
• Fully air-conditioned coach for the whole 5 days of the trip.
• Well experienced Tour leader to lead the group.
• Local English speaking guide.
• ENTRANCES TICKETS TO MUSEUMS, CABLE CARS, BOAT RIDES, FUNPARKS, BOATS, etc are not included.
• End of Year Gala Dinner with live music and DJ (price will be decided later according to a number of participants)
• Children under 12 years sharing room with two adults pay only €350.
• Limited seats are available. Book as early as possible with a deposit of €200 per person.
• Whoever needs to know prices for children accompanying adults on this trip, are kindly asked to contact us on +356 21414788 or +356 99499072.